A Blog can be the most powerful weapon in your marketing arsenal
A well-written blog continually updated with the latest news is a great way to maintain relations with customers and clients. It creates a strong, consistent presence on the Internet, keeps hit-rates high and can be easily replicated on social media. The problem is finding someone in your organisation with the time and inclination (or writing ability) to actually maintain it.
A good Blog is not just a diary of facts and events
The experienced writers at CWS can craft a punchy, readable blog post from the sparsest material. We will transform a memo or text from your sales or production manager into a three-hundred word post bursting with wit, style and vital information.
Useful Blogging Tips
Here are some things we have learned about effective corporate blogging:
- The audience is king. Tell them what they want to know and give them information they can use. They are not interested in you, only in what you can do for them.
- The headline is critical. Grab your audience before they start reading your blog post. First impressions matter, so make your headline count.
- Spelling, spacing and punctuation must be right, not just style and content. The quality of your blog reflects the quality of your business.
- Avoid TUAs (totally unhelpful acronyms) and obscure professional jargon. Pitch your blog posts to the level of your audience, not your office.
- Avoid clichés like the plague (there’s one, right there). Boring no longer ‘cuts it’ on the crowded Internet. An effective blog must stand out like a bespectacled wombat on a skating rink.
- Each blog post should have a clear point or angle. Since the optimal size for a blog post is no more than 600 words, less is definitely more.
Our own Cheshire Writing Services blog is full of reviews and other interesting content. Check it out here.
Don’t delay, if you need our services call us immediately for a quote on 01625 879508.